Welcome to the RCS Store
Serving Research & Professional Rocketry Since 1995
10/2/13 Bulk AP Now Available
We now have standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) w/TCP available in bulk (shipping and hazmat charges apply). Price is $4.99 per pound, minimum order quantity is 250 lbs. Please contact RCS for details and to place an order.
10/2/13 Thrust Rings Added to Store
29 and 38mm thrust rings for single use motors added to the store under a new "Thrust Rings" category.
9/25/13 Propellant Grains Added to Store
Pre-cast lengths of White Lightning™, Black Jack™ and Blue Thunder™ propellant fitting our 29 & 38mm EMKs have been added to the store under the "Propellant Grains" category. Full ballistic data is provided for tailoring your motor operating characteristics in BurnSim or other internal ballistics simulation software.
7/25/13 Shipping Update
We've made some changes to the store so that postage is calculated more accurately depending on what is ordered and we don't have to process shipping refunds.
5/13/13 High Power EMKs Being Added to Store
We have decided to add a complete line of high power Experimental Motor Kits (EMKs) to the RCS store, ranging in size from from 29/60 to 98/15360. They will be added as time permits, over a several week period. Check the EMK category for regular updates.
2/15/13 38mm Single-Throat Nozzle Sold Out
The 38mm single-throat nozzle P/N 01600 (1.308" O.D., 0.137" diameter throat, 0.289" diameter exit) is sold out, and we probably won't reorder it unless a customer wants to purchase 100 or more units. Please email us via the "Contact" page if you are interested.
RCS uses PayPal which is a trusted and secure payment method. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal.
Flat rate shipping and handling
Extra shipping charge for 48" casting tubes, all phenolic liners and casings, 1/2 gallon and larger liquid chemicals and all AP blends
Hazmat fee (AP blends and propellant grains only)
Orders are processed in the order they are received, please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE:
RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc. products are sold "as-is" and no warranty, suitability or fitness for any particular application, either expressed or implied, is made regarding RCS products. Since we cannot control the storage, transportation and use of our products, once sold we cannot assume any responsibility for product storage, transportation or usage. RCS shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the handling, storage or use of our products. The buyer assumes all risks and liabilities therefrom and accepts and uses RCS products on these conditions. Note: Your state may provide additional rights not covered by this warranty.
I, the buyer, have read the notice above and agree to its terms. I assume all risk and liability of RCS products once purchased. I understand that the manufacture of rocket motors and rocket propellant may be an inherently dangerous activity. I have or I will read Terry McCreary's book "Experimental Composite Propellant" prior to using RCS products and will follow the safety procedures prescribed therein. I agree to conduct my rocket activities in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to the best of my ability. I certify that the RCS products being purchased are for personal or educational use only and are not for resale.
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) w/TCP in bulk (shipping and hazmat charges apply). Price listed is per pound, minimum order quantity is 250 lbs. Please contact RCS for details and to place an order.$4.99
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron AP w/TCP (hazmat charges apply). 20 pound pail.$129.99
- Copper Chromite is a proprietary blend of copper and chromium oxides, black in color, and is a moderate burn rate catalyst which finds use in endburning and medium-to-high burn rate compositions. Typical concentration level is 0.5 - 3.0% of propellant weight. 100 gram jar.$19.95
- Desmodur E 744 Isocyanate is an excellent room temperature curative for HTPB. It provides plenty of pot life and good physical properties. If you've been using PAPI or Isonate 143-L you'll be amazed at the difference! Use at the 13.1% concentration level with R-45HTLO with an OH value of .85 (hydroxyl equivalent weight of 1176.5). For the mathematically...$13.75
- In our opinion, Isodecyl Pelargonate (IDP) is the best plasticizer for HTPB-based binders. Its low density, low viscosity, low vapor pressure and cure retardant properties will give you a noticeable improvement over DOA, DBP or whatever else you've been using. 10-35% of the total binder percentage is the usual concentration. 8 ounce bottle.$13.75
- R-45HTLO polybutadiene resin premixed with 0.95% CAO-5 antioxidant and 2.38% HX-752 bonding agent. This premix should be used for propellants that contain 400 micron or larger Ammonium Perchlorate, or whenever maximum propellant strength is desired. HX-752 is unique among the commonly-used bonding agents in that it does not release Ammonia during propellant...$62.45
- We've chosen to offer R-45HTLO instead of R-45M for a number of reasons. It has a slightly higher functionality, which results in a higher crosslink density with the better room temperature curatives (like E 744 described below), without resorting to other ingredients that can adversely affect the cure chemistry. It also allows you to use higher percentages...$62.45
- Dimensions: 1-1/4" O.D. 1-1/16" I.D. 0.103" thick$0.65
- Spiral-wound paper/phenolic liner for 54mm Kosdon motors. Dimensions: 1.915" O.D. 1.835" I.D. 25.97" long$6.25
- Paper liner tube for 38mm Kosdon motors. Dimensions: 1.298" O.D. 1.231" I.D. 12.50" long$1.90
- Molded glass/phenolic "Medusa" multi-throat nozzle for 54mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 1.990" O.D. 0.192" diameter center throat 0.500" diameter center exit 0.125" diameter plugged outer throats x 6 0.375" diameter outer exits x 6 Click here for drawing$18.70
- Molded glass/phenolic nozzle for 54mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 1.985" O.D. 0.455" diameter throat 1.250" diameter exit Click here for drawing$27.50