Welcome to The RCS Store
Serving Research & Professional Rocketry Since 1995
4/6/16 New Burn Rate Catalysts Added
Catocene and Ferrocene burn rate catalysts have been added to the store under the "Propellant Chemicals" category, in 50 gram jars. Please note and observe the warnings associated with the use of these catalysts in APCP propellants.
3/17/16 Half Gallon Bottles of Binder Chemicals Available
1/2 gallon sizes of HTPB polymer, IDP plasticizer and our Modified MDI curative have been added to the store under the "Propellant Chemicals" category.
2/11/16 Model Rocket RMS EMKs Added to the RCS Store
Model rocket-size EMKs in 18, 24 and 29mm diameters for RMS hardware are now available under the "Experimental Motor Kits" category.
2/5/16 RMS-Hybrid Forward Closures
RCS has limited quantities of the AeroTech RMS-Hybrid™ forward closures available under a new "Rocket Motor Hardware" category.
12/9/15 Single Use High Power EMKs Available
Experimental motor kits (EMKs) are now available in 29 through 75mm diameters for producing high power single use motors using your own propellant, delay and epoxy.
11/12/15 75 & 98mm RMS EMKs Released
Experimental motor kits (EMKs) are now available to fit all lengths of RMS-75 and RMS-98mm hardware.
11/11/15 54mm RMS EMKs Released
Experimental motor kits (EMKs) are now available to fit all lengths of RMS-54mm hardware.
11/5/15 RCS Modified MDI Isocyanate Available Again
After a short hiatus, RCS's modified MDI isocyanate curative is once again available on the RCS store in 8 oz and 1 gallon bottles.
RCS uses PayPal which is a trusted and secure payment method. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal.
Flat rate shipping and handling
Extra shipping charge for 48" casting tubes, all phenolic liners and casings, 1/2 gallon and larger liquid chemicals and all AP blends
Hazmat fee (AP blends and propellant grains only)
Orders are processed in the order they are received, please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE:
RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc. products are sold "as-is" and no warranty, suitability or fitness for any particular application, either expressed or implied, is made regarding RCS products. Since we cannot control the storage, transportation and use of our products, once sold we cannot assume any responsibility for product storage, transportation or usage. RCS shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the handling, storage or use of our products. The buyer assumes all risks and liabilities therefrom and accepts and uses RCS products on these conditions. Note: Your state may provide additional rights not covered by this warranty.
I, the buyer, have read the notice above and agree to its terms. I assume all risk and liability of RCS products once purchased. I understand that the manufacture of rocket motors and rocket propellant may be an inherently dangerous activity. I have or I will read Terry McCreary's book "Experimental Composite Propellant" prior to using RCS products and will follow the safety procedures prescribed therein. I agree to conduct my rocket activities in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to the best of my ability.
- RCS modified MDI isocyanate is an excellent room temperature curative for HTPB. It provides plenty of pot life and good physical properties. If you've been using PAPI or Isonate 143-L you'll be amazed at the difference! Use at the 12.9% concentration level with HTPB with an OH value of .80 (hydroxyl equivalent weight of 1250) and with a 1:1 NCO:OH ratio....$29.95
- RCS Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) resin has a functionality of 2.4 - 2.6, which results in a higher crosslink density than lower functionality HTPB with the better room temperature curatives (like our modified MDI isocyanate), without resorting to other ingredients that can adversely affect the cure chemistry. It also allows you to use higher...$39.99
- This kit includes all parts needed to complete a 75/5120 high power reload kit using your own propellant and delay grains: Nozzle cap P/N 04214 Molded 75mm single throat nozzle P/N 01770 Forward & Aft O-rings P/N 00230 Seal disk O-ring P/N 00142 Grain spacer O-rings (3) P/N 00036 Phenolic liner P/N 03035-4 Smoke charge insulator P/N 03080 Use with 2.557"...$88.99
- This kit includes all parts needed to complete a 54/2560 high power reload kit using your own propellant and delay grains: Nozzle cap P/N 04112 Molded 54mm single throat nozzle P/N 01670 Seal Disk O-ring P/N 00031 Forward & Aft o-rings P/N 00224 Phenolic liner P/N 03000-6 Delay insulator P/N 03356 Delay o-ring P/N 00002 Forward delay spacer P/N 03355...$47.99
- Molded glass/phenolic nozzle for 98mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 3.619" O.D. 1.000" diameter throat 2.737" diameter exit Weight = 549 grams Click here for drawing$59.99
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) w/TCP in bulk (shipping and hazmat charges apply). Price listed is per pound, minimum order quantity is 250 lbs. Please contact RCS for details and to place an order. Please note: Full drums of AP are shipped as-received from our supplier and are weighed on a scale calibrated to a national...$4.99
- Copper Chromite is a proprietary blend of copper and chromium oxides, black in color, and is a moderate burn rate catalyst which finds use in endburning and medium-to-high burn rate compositions. Typical concentration level is 0.5 - 3.0% of propellant weight. 100 gram jar.$19.95
- RCS modified MDI isocyanate is an excellent room temperature curative for HTPB. It provides plenty of pot life and good physical properties. If you've been using PAPI or Isonate 143-L you'll be amazed at the difference! Use at the 12.9% concentration level with HTPB with an OH value of .80 (hydroxyl equivalent weight of 1250) and with a 1:1 NCO:OH ratio....$13.75
- RCS Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) resin premixed with 0.95% CAO-5 antioxidant and 2.38% HX-752 bonding agent. This premix should be used for propellants that contain 400 micron or larger Ammonium Perchlorate, or whenever maximum propellant strength is desired. HX-752 is unique among the commonly-used bonding agents in that it does not release...$69.99
- Dimensions: 1-1/4" O.D. 1-1/16" I.D. 0.103" thick$0.65
- Spiral-wound paper/phenolic liner for 54mm Kosdon motors. Dimensions: 1.915" O.D. 1.835" I.D. 25.97" long$6.25
- Molded glass/phenolic "Medusa" multi-throat nozzle for 54mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 1.990" O.D. 0.192" diameter center throat 0.500" diameter center exit 0.125" diameter plugged outer throats x 6 0.375" diameter outer exits x 6 Weight = 45 grams Click here for drawing$18.70