Welcome to The RCS Store
Serving Research & Professional Rocketry Since 1995
4/2/15 Additional Forward Bulkheads and Nozzle Adapters Now Available
Molded and machined forward bulkheads in 38, 54, 75 and 98mm and nozzle adapters in 38 and 54mm are now available from the RCS store.
3/23/15 Filament-Wound Fiberglass Casings Released
Filament-wound fiberglass motor casings are now available on the RCS store in 29, 38, 54, 75 and 98mm diameters and in various lengths. These casings are compatible with other RCS parts including nozzles, liners and casting tubes. Fiberglass has a much higher tensile strength than paper-phenolic and can be used in a wider variety of rocket motor applications.
9/3/14 Delay and Smoke Grains Available
Vacuum mixed and cast 0.610" O.D. and 0.933" O.D. delay and smoke grains are perfect for use with our Experimental Motor Kits™ (EMKs) or combined with our individual matching motor parts in a motor of your own design.
RCS uses PayPal which is a trusted and secure payment method. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal.
Flat rate shipping and handling
Extra shipping charge for 48" casting tubes, all phenolic liners and casings, 1/2 gallon and larger liquid chemicals and all AP blends
Hazmat fee (AP blends and propellant grains only)
Orders are processed in the order they are received, please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE:
RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc. products are sold "as-is" and no warranty, suitability or fitness for any particular application, either expressed or implied, is made regarding RCS products. Since we cannot control the storage, transportation and use of our products, once sold we cannot assume any responsibility for product storage, transportation or usage. RCS shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the handling, storage or use of our products. The buyer assumes all risks and liabilities therefrom and accepts and uses RCS products on these conditions. Note: Your state may provide additional rights not covered by this warranty.
I, the buyer, have read the notice above and agree to its terms. I assume all risk and liability of RCS products once purchased. I understand that the manufacture of rocket motors and rocket propellant may be an inherently dangerous activity. I have or I will read Terry McCreary's book "Experimental Composite Propellant" prior to using RCS products and will follow the safety procedures prescribed therein. I agree to conduct my rocket activities in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to the best of my ability. I certify that the RCS products being purchased are for personal or educational use only and are not for resale.
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) w/TCP in bulk (shipping and hazmat charges apply). Price listed is per pound, minimum order quantity is 250 lbs. Please contact RCS for details and to place an order. Please note: Full drums of AP are shipped as-received from our supplier and are weighed on a scale calibrated to...$4.99
- Molded glass/phenolic nozzle for 75mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 2.730" O.D. 0.685" diameter throat 1.875" diameter exit Click here for drawing$55.00
- Paper liner tube for 38mm Kosdon motors. Dimensions: 1.298" O.D. 1.231" I.D. 12.50" long$1.90
- Molded glass/phenolic nozzle for 54mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 1.985" O.D. 0.455" diameter throat 1.250" diameter exit Click here for drawing$27.50
- Molded glass/phenolic nozzle for 29/38mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 1.000" O.D. 0.291" diameter throat 0.688" diameter exit Click here for drawing$3.15
- RCS Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) resin premixed with 0.95% CAO-5 antioxidant and 2.38% HX-752 bonding agent. This premix should be used for propellants that contain 400 micron or larger Ammonium Perchlorate, or whenever maximum propellant strength is desired. HX-752 is unique among the commonly-used bonding agents in that it does...$69.99
- Dimensions: 1-1/4" O.D. 1-1/16" I.D. 0.103" thick$0.65
- Spiral-wound paper/phenolic liner for 54mm Kosdon motors. Dimensions: 1.915" O.D. 1.835" I.D. 25.97" long$6.25
- Molded glass/phenolic "Medusa" multi-throat nozzle for 54mm diameter motors. Dimensions: 1.990" O.D. 0.192" diameter center throat 0.500" diameter center exit 0.125" diameter plugged outer throats x 6 0.375" diameter outer exits x 6 Click here for drawing$18.70
- Copper Chromite is a proprietary blend of copper and chromium oxides, black in color, and is a moderate burn rate catalyst which finds use in endburning and medium-to-high burn rate compositions. Typical concentration level is 0.5 - 3.0% of propellant weight. 100 gram jar.$19.95
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron AP w/TCP (hazmat charges apply). 20 pound pail.$129.99
- RCS Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) resin has a functionality of 2.4 - 2.6, which results in a higher crosslink density than lower functionality HTPB with the better room temperature curatives (like our modified MDI isocyanate), without resorting to other ingredients that can adversely affect the cure chemistry. It also allows...$69.99