Welcome to The RCS Store
Serving Research, Commercial & Government
Customers Since 1995
10/5/16 Low cost initiator from Triton Space Technologies Introduced
The low cost initiator is perfect for "head-end" upper stage ignition, clusters and "instant on" ignition of any motor.
9/29/16 3D Printed Plastic Thrust Rings Added
3D printed plastic thrust rings to fit 29, 38 and 54mm single use casings are now available under the "Thrust Rings" category.
9/29/16 Low Molecular Weight Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene Resin Now Available
RCS low molecular weight Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) resin has an unusually low viscosity as a result of a molecular weight of only 1,300. Its corresponding low equivalent weight naturally allows the use of a higher percentage of isocyanate, which results in a substantially reduced premix viscosity. In addition, lower plasticizer percentages can be employed to increase propellant toughness, while maintaining processability. OH values are typically 1.80 (equivalent weight 556); the measured value is printed on the container label. Sold in 1 gallon and 1/2 gallon bottles.
7/20/16 New Restrictions on AP Purchases
Due to increased Department of Homeland Security (DHS) concerns, we we are placing new restrictions on all Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) purchases. Effective immediately, all purchasers of AP must have a Tripoli Rocketry Association (TRA) L2 or higher certification on file with RCS, or provide evidence that they are a legitimate business or academic customer.
6/1/16 RMS/Hybrid Data Pack Released
The RMS/Hybrid Data Pack is a complete set of manufacturing and user documentation for the first certified hybrid hobby rocket motor available to the hobby rocket consumer.
4/6/16 New Burn Rate Catalysts Added
Catocene and Ferrocene burn rate catalysts have been added to the store under the "Propellant Chemicals" category, in 50 gram jars. Please note and observe the warnings associated with the use of these catalysts in APCP propellants.
3/17/16 Half Gallon Bottles of Binder Chemicals Available
1/2 gallon sizes of HTPB polymer, IDP plasticizer and our Modified MDI curative have been added to the store under the "Propellant Chemicals" category.
2/11/16 Model Rocket RMS EMKs Added to the RCS Store
Model rocket-size EMKs in 18, 24 and 29mm diameters for RMS hardware are now available under the "Experimental Motor Kits" category.
RCS uses PayPal which is a trusted and secure payment method. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal.
Flat rate shipping and handling
Extra shipping charge for 48" casting tubes, all phenolic liners and casings, 1/2 gallon and larger liquid chemicals and all AP blends
Hazmat fee (AP blends and propellant grains only)
Orders are processed in the order they are received, please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE:
RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc. products are sold "as-is" and no warranty, suitability or fitness for any particular application, either expressed or implied, is made regarding RCS products. Since we cannot control the storage, transportation and use of our products, once sold we cannot assume any responsibility for product storage, transportation or usage. RCS shall not be held responsible for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the handling, storage or use of our products. The buyer assumes all risks and liabilities therefrom and accepts and uses RCS products on these conditions. Note: Your state may provide additional rights not covered by this warranty.
I, the buyer, have read the notice above and agree to its terms. I assume all risk and liability of RCS products once purchased. I understand that the manufacture of rocket motors and rocket propellant may be an inherently dangerous activity. I have or I will read Terry McCreary's book "Experimental Composite Propellant" prior to using RCS products and will follow the safety procedures prescribed therein. I agree to conduct my rocket activities in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to the best of my ability.
- Show the world your love for all things Mojave Green with this limited edition Mojave Green Snapback Hat. The hat is an authentic New Era hat and uses 100% cotton along with a black plastic snapback strap with original cut and a flat brim. The Mojave Green Snapback has a woodland camouflage pattern with a cotton crown and visor, black undervisor, Mojave...$30.00
- The RMS/Hybrid data pack is a complete set of manufacturing and user documentation for the first certified hybrid rocket motor available to the hobby rocket consumer, and includes: Assembly and Operation Instruction Manual Overview Illustrated Instructions Hints and Tips General Motor assembly and subassembly drawings Certification Data Catalog Hybrid...$39.99
- RCS modified MDI isocyanate is an excellent room temperature curative for HTPB. It provides plenty of pot life and good physical properties. If you've been using PAPI or Isonate 143-L you'll be amazed at the difference! Use at the 12.9% concentration level with HTPB with an OH value of .80 (hydroxyl equivalent weight of 1250) and with a 1:1 NCO:OH ratio....$29.95
- This is an original forward closure for the 98mm RMS-Hybrid motor that was produced by AeroTech from 1999 through 2001. Does not include the injector plate or other parts required for operation. This closure can be used as a starting point for a hybrid rocket motor of your own design or as a collectors item. Made from black anodized 6061-T6 aluminum....$99.99
- This kit includes all parts needed to complete a 75/5120 high power reload kit using your own propellant and delay grains: Nozzle cap P/N 04214 Molded 75mm single throat nozzle P/N 01770 Forward & Aft O-rings P/N 00230 Seal disk O-ring P/N 00142 Grain spacer O-rings (3) P/N 00036 Phenolic liner P/N 03035-4 Smoke charge insulator P/N 03080 Use with 2.557"...$88.99
- This kit includes all parts needed to complete a 54/2560 high power reload kit using your own propellant and delay grains: Nozzle cap P/N 04112 Molded 54mm single throat nozzle P/N 01670 Seal Disk O-ring P/N 00031 Forward & Aft o-rings P/N 00224 Phenolic liner P/N 03000-6 Delay insulator P/N 03356 Delay o-ring P/N 00002 Forward delay spacer P/N 03355...$47.99
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) w/TCP in bulk (shipping and hazmat charges apply). Price listed is per pound, minimum order quantity is 250 lbs. Please contact RCS for details and to place an order. Please note: Full drums of AP are shipped as-received from our supplier and are weighed on a scale calibrated to a national...$4.99
- Standard grade rotary rounded 200 micron AP w/TCP (hazmat charges apply). 20 pound pail. NOTICE: New Restrictions on AP Purchases Due to increased Department of Homeland Security (DHS) concerns, we have placed new restrictions on all Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) purchases. Effective immediately, all purchasers of AP must have a Tripoli Rocketry Association...$149.99
- Copper Chromite is a proprietary blend of copper and chromium oxides, black in color, and is a moderate burn rate catalyst which finds use in endburning and medium-to-high burn rate compositions. Typical concentration level is 0.5 - 3.0% of propellant weight. 100 gram jar.$19.95
- RCS modified MDI isocyanate is an excellent room temperature curative for HTPB. It provides plenty of pot life and good physical properties. If you've been using PAPI or Isonate 143-L you'll be amazed at the difference! Use at the 12.9% concentration level with HTPB with an OH value of .80 (hydroxyl equivalent weight of 1250) and with a 1:1 NCO:OH ratio....$13.75
- RCS Hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) resin premixed with 0.95% CAO-5 antioxidant and 2.38% HX-752 bonding agent. This premix should be used for propellants that contain 400 micron or larger Ammonium Perchlorate, or whenever maximum propellant strength is desired. HX-752 is unique among the commonly-used bonding agents in that it does not release...$99.99
- Dimensions: 1-1/4" O.D. 1-1/16" I.D. 0.103" thick$0.65